No Gravatar

The Image of Fire Over Fire

Image hexagram 30, fire over fire

This is a time of interlocking cycles;
the concentrated energy of a doubled fire
burning with clear inner light radiating out in all directions.
Fire must cling to something in order to burn.
Acknowledge your dependence that keeps you shining.
Cling to what is the correct action.
Articulate. Illuminate. Discriminate.
And while doing all that try not to get burnt out.

Hexagram 30, Paintings and Prescriptions.

Tags: , ,

9 Comments on Hexagram 30 • The Clinging Fire • Li

1. ianNo Gravatar says:

No problem Adele .

Just like you , I love the Yi . As a guy , I guess maybe , I tend to look at life , more through logical thinking , and reasoning things out . A natural tendency to use my \’left brain \’ hemisphere as they call it . While women naturally tend to see things from a more feeling / emotional way . Your artwork gets me thinking . It\’s always a pleasure to have a feminine perspective on life dropping in to my in box .

Looking forward to the first line of Li . Changing to Lu , Wanderer .
    Maybe the one who wandered off with the cow , in Wu Wang line 3 .

( :

• Adele AldridgeNo Gravatar says:

Ian thanks again for your comments. I don’t think that left brain and right brain is especially associated with male or female. Doesn’t one use the right brain to create? And dream? When I was young, in high school, my easiest subject was math. My love and obsession was/is always art and creating of any kind. So where do I fit in? I do agree that men see things differently – at times it feels to me like we are different species – not always of course.

2. TrishNo Gravatar says:

Wow! Gorgeous images, very Aries!!
    Trish´s last blog post ..An Ancient Manuscript Continues to Baffle

• Adele AldridgeNo Gravatar says:

Maybe Leo and Aries. 🙂

• ianNo Gravatar says:

The lion is too yang sun centred for Li overall .
        Good image for second line . Midday , as he lays about in the sun .

The tiger embodies the yin ness of this hexagram .
        The second daughter , fire brightness beauty .
        Although cannot mate with the dragon , yang counterpart .

From western astrology . Gemini good to convey twin flame .
        Although an air sign and maybe incestuous .

From Greek mythology . A Phoenix !
        A pair of these , entwined !
        That would do it !

( :

3. ianNo Gravatar says:

The dualistic quality of Li . Nicely caught in the net of this fiery painting . The passion of young love . Lust ! . Will it turn to ash , the cold fire of Gui . Or become deep warmth . The hearth , home , Chia Jen . These figures cling together , the double helix , entwined , yin and yang merging together . And splitting apart . Born and consumed by fire . The Phoenix arising from the ashes . The cycle is a spiral . And lasts forever . Both slave and master . Transient and Eternal .

( :